Thursday, April 3

another little bump

Martha at AGCI called to say that she had our homestudy in hand for review. We have a speedbump though because there was some paperwork between our homestudy agency and adoption agency that wasn't processed, but everyone has been notified and they are taking care of things now. Martha said she'd go ahead and review it while they are working on those other contracts, so at least this won't push us back.

This is a great time to be reminded that adoption is about waiting. I had a conversation with a friend/relative today about waiting. In the last year, my husband and I have done our fair share of waiting. We were waiting for the city to start a new academy class, to start the adoption process, to get health insurance, to see an answer to prayer, to see direction in finding a new church home...I mean, the list goes on! But I was explaining in that conversation today that waiting is the perfect time to learn from the Lord. While we've been waiting I've really been learning about fulfillment from the Lord instead of the zillion other places we're constantly trying to find it. While this season of waiting has sometimes seemed woefully long and painful, it has been graciously full of growth and insight into the mind and heart of Christ. I know that our wait for adoption is only starting. And I know that in essence, we spend our entire Christian lives waiting for our spirit to catch up to it's potential or for Jesus to come back, but I am so glad that we can have these teaching seasons.

So, even though we had a little bummer today, I could not stop grinning because I received two pictures in the mail today. My grandmother has been busily working away at our baby bedding -- just worried to no end that we're not going to like it when it's finished and "we'll have to throw the whole thing out!" Well, I called her and put that to rest because I L-O-V-E it!!! It is so fun! Justin even said it was cool, "cool enough even for not the baby...like for other stuff" -- which is good because we have so much material that it's going to be everywhere! Anyone need a bib or blankie that matches our bedding? : )

8 comments:

Our journey said...

Your positive outlook is such an inspiration! I try to remember that this wait is an opportunity for us to grow closer to and learn from our Lord and Savior. It is nice to get reminders from other people going through the same thing. Right now, I am at peace with this waiting, but know that there will be times when I am not so grateful for it and will need to remember that this is all in God's plan.

So glad you LOVE the bedding. I am sure you made your grandma's day!

Have a fabulous weekend!

Amy

Brian and Autumn said...

Oh I can't wait to see the finished product and how special that it is hand made with love! You make such great points about waiting. We will be waiting a lot before we are home with our baby and spending time relying on the Lord is not a bad thing :) Thanks for all your encouragement!

A Team said...

I am so glad that you are remembering God's in control... there were so many times I would loose sight of that.

I actually did this Bible study during the adoption process called "Lord, I want to Know You."
It was HUGE... really helped me to keep first things first!!

Outdrsycple said...

Hi there,

I don't know how I missed your blog. We are an AGCI couple too and we are in virtually the same spot in the process. Our homestudy was sent in for review the same day as yours! It is fun to get to see other couples who will be right around us on the waiting list. Feel free to check out our blog too.

Robin said...

This is certainly an exciting time for you! Growing in Christ is such hard, wonderful work:) I've been told that all of the waiting is worth it in the end..I cannot wait to be the one saying that! (Even though, I already know in my heart it's true.)
You are a day closer to bringing your child home! Retail therapy is so soothing:)

Robin said...

This is certainly an exciting time for you! Growing in Christ is such hard, wonderful work:) I've been told that all of the waiting is worth it in the end..I cannot wait to be the one saying that! (Even though, I already know in my heart it's true.)
You are a day closer to bringing your child home! Retail therapy is so soothing:)

Unknown said...

Sorry for the bump but it sounds like it won't be a problem at all. I cannot wait to see the bedding!!

Our journey said...

Continuing to pray for your paperwork!

Amy

Fan Club