1. My grandmother was released from the hospital on Thursday. Praise God! Thank you for all your prayers and kind words.
2. Christina did in fact pass the bar. Like there was any doubt.
3. I had Lasik surgery on both eyes and it went well. No severed cornea or anything.
4. In the last ten days I joined a small group and then volunteered for it to meet in my house. And to make dinner.
5. We went to the midnight opening of Twilight. With the entire population of 15 year old girls. Wow.
6. The doggies are no longer allowed on any furniture. It's an adjustment (for them and for Justin) but I like it!
7. I finally get to contribute to Thanksgiving Dinner this year. Probably more out of necessity than anything else, but I'll take what I can get!
8. I got sick last week and fell...and broke my glasses. It's ok though -- see #3.
For those of you who don't know me personally, or see me get things done, let me tell you how it is. First, I make lists. Lists of what I want to do. Then, a list with the correct order in which to do those things. Often my lists have sub-lists. Usually, I like lists to be completely scratched out. I tried making those cute little boxes for a while, but it didn't clearly differentiate the stuff I'd done. So, like I said, I like to totally scribble things out.
I have a lot of things to do. Especially in the next few days and weeks. So I'm making a public list because that keeps me accountable (very important for completion!) and honestly, it gives me something to blog.
Things to do this week: (unordered as yet)
1. Buy new pet beds for living room. done!
2. Grocery shop. done, but need to go again!
3. Make foodstuffs for multiple Thanksgivings. And small group on Tuesday. done and done.
4. Send Misty her bday pics
5. Vacuum couches (for last time!) done--yay!
6. Get out Christmas stuff! Yay! done!
7. Realize how much Christmas stuff there is. definitely done.
8. Make a list of Christmas stuff to actually get out and stuff to give away.
9. Get spare bed for Travis and Dad from Amber.
10. Find pile of money
11. Get Etsy site completely done. done.
12. Finalize graduation stuff? done. the big day is Dec. 21
13. CIS Fingerprints - scheduled for Friday morning!
There. That's it. For this week. Anyone who reads this has my permission to ask me about these things. Also, it is my goal to stay pretty busy until the new year so that the waiting will not seem too bad. This is usually not a hard goal, but this year, there doesn't seem to be much on the calendar yet. That should take me through two new sets of numbers (Dec and Jan). During this time I will also be cleaning out the extra room so that in January, when surely we will be a single digit, I'm going to start-- yes, really start-- on the baby's room. Absolutely! Yes! So there it is. My goals. And a timeline. Awesome. 2009 will be the year of the baby.