Thursday, February 14

news

Well, Monday morning I received a phone call from my mother that my aunt had died. While this seems so very sad, it is definately a huge blessing to both my aunt and the rest of my family. She has been very sick with arthritis and Alzheimers Disease for years. But now her body and her mind are both completely restored in the kingdom of God and she is happy to be with those who have gone before her.
Needless to say that Monday (and the following days) did not turn out as I had planned. Instead we made travel arrangements. I was really hoping that we'd be able to finish up our last minute stuff and house preparing for the Home Study visit, but alas, after a teary-eyed breakdown, I was forced to realize that it just wasn't meant to be.

My hubband is so very encouraging. He reminded me that this should be a happy time with as little stress as possible and that one week or two weeks would not put a kink in God's plan. The Lord is in charge of our adoption and He is certainly in charge of time! (Sometimes I really need to be reminded of this...)

We've rescheduled for the end of the month with our Social Worker which does change some things. For instance, we're not meeting my goal of March 1. Again, my timing doesn't matter so it's ok. We're still going to get our perfect baby so it's ok. Clearly I just need a refresher course in patience.

My dear blogbuddies, thank you so much for your encouragement and support over the last few days. I'll come back and read it again in a week or so. I'll need it again as I now thing with the extra time I'm going to try and finish 1-2 more projects around the house. Painting our bathroom and landscaping the front yard. I know, get real, right? I need something to keep me preoccupied.

If you've been around since the first posts, you know that our adoption is not a secret, but our timing is a surprise. We have planned to wait until the paperwork is in to let the cat out of the bag. A handful of friends know that we've started the process (we needed letters of rec. and prayers) but mostly, everyone just thinks we're going to start later this summer. Now that we're nearly finished with the paperwork, we're trying to come up with fun or inventive ways of telling our family and friends. I need some suggestions.


Gimmie all you got.

Hit me with your best shot!

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Patience is hard...you are very positive. I will have to think about fun ideas.....

Gurskes said...

Prayers for your family during this time! I'm a relieved to hear that God has taken away her suffering. Isn't God amazing during the timing of adoption...he is definitly in charge, and ultimitly decides when the time is right for everything!

As for telling your family...well I suck at that. We had all these plans to tell our family about Dossier...Referral...Travel Email....Ya they all went to the wayside, because excitment took hold and we couldn't hold it all in. hahaha Good Luck, I'm excited to see how you choose to tell them. What an exciting post that will be!

Brian and Autumn said...

Thanks for giving me some time to catch up to you - hahaha, I know that didn't even cross your mind when you had to reschedule. The timing will be exactly what God wants it to be AND you have some motivation to get some lingering projects done. :)

Unknown said...

Sorry about your lost, but you are right she is on God hands now.

Stacie said...

Prayers for your family! I'm sorry things didn't work out, but you're so right - God has a plan and the timing is so the perfect child that he has chosen will be ready for you when you're ready.

My friends did something very cool for their family - they made a sonogram of Ethiopia to announce their paper pregnancy - I think you can see it here:
http://www.slide.com/s/QKpv2Ac16j_43MHLNFEYdHazxP8fMSRi?cy=gn&referer=theme
If you want, I'll email her to ask her how she did it. I know they printed them out and gave them as gifts to their parents. Very cute. Send me an email if you want me to email Jenni. kevinandstacie@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Nell Ann, I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. Thank goodness she is in God's hands and no longer suffering.

(((Hugs)))

Fan Club