Saturday, May 29

one year ago today

We just landed in Addis.

Our baggage was all there, the line was short, and we were excited.

There was nobody to pick us up.

But that's a story I'll share later tonight.

For now, I'll just tell you that we had a tumultuous afternoon, and it all ended with a special treat.

A treat so special, we weren't allowed to tell because everyone would be jealous.

We were able to meet our son.

TWO  WHOLE  DAYS  EARLY.


Go ahead and be really jealous. I'll be back later to explain.

4 comments:

Guard Wife said...

I think our experience was exactly the opposite. :)

None of our luggage was there, the lines were incredibly long & we didn't meet our daughter until the appointed day, at the appointed time. Which, really, all things considered was ok by me as I was a little discombobulated without my luggage.

Happy parenting anniversary! Love the first photo!!

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

LOVE the photo, and yes- everyone is jealous!!! Tell Asher our kids miss him :)

Ron & Maria said...

Great experience! So the next time you'll have those high expectations for a repeat!
That year passed quickly - it seems sometimes....

Kristi J said...

no way..really?? yes, jealous you got to see him early...can't wait to hear more, kj

Fan Club